Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Flu Flu go away

When one gets it, we all get it!

So Sunday night Mark starts coughing, then Monday can't walk and aches all over with high fever.....
Naturally of course we all woke up with it today.

It really isn't fun to have us all being sick. Trying to take care of kids and husband while you're sick has become my new challenge... but also has been nice in a couple of ways...

  • I snuggled on the couch all day today with my sweet family
  • Held Adi until she fell asleep for her 3rd nap (which u should know never happens since she is a wiggle worm/busy body)
  • played Mariokart online with Aldon all evening
  • Had a surprise from my dear sweet mother bringing us dinner and fruit and flu meds with lemon glazed poppyseed muffins for dessert
  • Had our sweet neighbors bring us over delicious homemade pizza
  • And watched American Idol and Scrubs with my head on my hubby's shoulder and his head leaning on mine all night after kids in bed!

(p.s. this picture was taken the day before I got sick -cuz i havn't worn make-up all week :)
I cherish these last baby moments I get with her falling asleep on me.

It's nice to slow down once in awhile and have some real quality cuddle time with my family, although preferably it shouldn't be because we are all sick and can't walk!


4 comments:

Jana Dille said...

Oh bummer! You did get it?! Now you can officially say you've had the flu, it's about time:) That's no fun. I'm feeling about the same, just a little head cold so far. Hopefully nothing like you guys have. If you need anything give me a call and I'll drop it off at your door, lol!:)

amanda said...

so sorry you all feel so sick! but are you seriously wearing makeup when you are sick?!

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

YUCK! We had it too...for 2 weeks! I couldn't get rid of it! Aida had a super high fever and so we were in the ER too. I HATE being sick!!

Brady and Katie said...

sorry you are sick jaysie, i have a cold but that is way easier than the flu. hope you feel better for valentines day!!