Monday, October 13, 2008

Kayaking!


Tuesday we decided to go kayaking down in Kailua. We first thought about kayaking out to ChinaMan'sHat Island, it was too short, and then found out about these 2 Molokai (spelling?) Islands that you coulkayak out to, alot further away (the skill level said advanced at the kayak shop!) So us four headed off of hawaii and out to sea!



Jay & Mark
The 2 islands we were headed for! The island on the left has a small sandy beach that you can pull your kayak up onto (look close) that is where we went. They look so far away from shore!


We made it !
The other small island (the right one) is in the background
We went exploring around the island

We found this hole cut into the side of the mtn. that gets filled up from the waves crashing up into it, and the boys decided to jump in!



This is a view of the island we went to after we paddled back. Definitley a winner in our books & I would strongly recommend this kayak trip to anyone going to hawaii. We had a blast!

1 comment:

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

Ahh...where to start? We had SO much fun in Hawaii with you guys! I am sad that we are back home. I haven't even looked through my pictures in fear that I will start going through withdrawls!! I was glad to see Aida but other than that I am ready to go back...next time we'll have to go for a month and take a babysitter! Send me some pictures of the waterfall and hike! Talk to you soon!